Submitted by Kim Sauer
- 500g raw peanuts in shell
- 1/2 cup salt (add more or less to taste)
- 3 tablespoons garlic powder (optional)
- 1) Thoroughly wash nuts to remove any dirt
- 2) Put nuts into slow cooker bowl and cover with clean water
- 3) Pour salt and garlic powder over nuts - stir
- 4) Cover with lid and cook on high for 4-5 hours
- 5) Stir every now and again - taste along the way to decide if you need to cook more or less!
- 6) Allow to cool in bowl
- 7) Drain water from nuts and store in fridge
- Could be doubled for larger cookers (this was 3.5L) but if so taste often to determine when cooked
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!