– if you find it too watery add in 1 tablespoon of cornflour mixed with a little water when you add in the mushrooms.
-Also delicious tossed through pasta.
Submitted by Solange Graham (MummaSol)
Delicious flavourful beef casserole based on a traditional French recipe. It's a huge hit in my family even my two year old loves it and has seconds!
- 500g Gravy beef/diced beef/beef cheeks
- 1 medium onion diced
- 2 medium carrots diced
- 1 large clove garlic chopped
- 1 teaspoon thyme leaves
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3/4 cup red wine
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes (400g)
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms (or whole baby button mushrooms)
- Plain flour
- Salt and pepper
- Boiled new potatoes
- Fresh crusty bread and butter.
- Season and flour beef, brown in a little olive oil and put in bottom of slow cooker.
- In browning pan add onion, carrot and garlic, sauté for a minute then add thyme, tomato paste and red wine scrape all flavour off pan and put all into the slow cooker with the beef.
- Add tinned tomatoes and stock to the rest of the ingredients in the slow cooker bowl. Stir to combine.
- Cook on HIGH for 4 hours (LOW for 8).
- Add mushrooms cook on HIGH for another 45 minutes.
- Serve with boiled baby potatoes and crusty bread and butter, plus a glass of the wine you used if there is any leftover! Enjoy!
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think