Submitted by Lynda Eagleson
Bobotie (South African spiced mince pie)
- 1kg beef mince
- 3tbls curry powder
- 2 diced onions
- 1 tbls tumeric
- 2 tsps garlic
- 2 tbls brown sugar
- 2 tsps ground ginger
- 2 tbls worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup beef stock
- 2 slices bread
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- Custard topping
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- Soak torn up bread in milk and egg mix (1egg,1/4c milk).
- Brown mince with onions, add spices till fragrant, add sauce and stock and soaked bread.
- Pour into slowcooker and pat down mince
- Cook on low for 4hrs then combine eggs and milk and pour over the top of the mince,
- Cook for another hour on low or half hour on high.
- Serve with sweet potato mash,delicious.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!