Submitted by Wayne Gatt
Blood moon muffins
- Blood moon muffins
- 220 g self-raising flour, sifted
- ¼-½ cup vegetable oil
- ¾ cup buttermilk or regular milk
- ½-¾ cup caster sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Mix 4 tbs of condensed milk ,add some red food dye ,and a couple of drops of black food dye, to get the right colour
- Grease muffin tins or line with patty cases.
- Mix all dry ingredients together and make a well.
- Mix all wet ingredients together and pour into the well.
- Add flavourings and mix well until just combined.
- Cook in s/c on high with a tea towel under the lid for about an hour ,check with a skewer to see if it comes out clean ,
- I used a pre brought royal icing mix ,rolled out thin and cut with a cookie cutter and put on top of cooled muffin ,use the rest of the blood mix to decorate
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think