Submitted by Roslyn Potter
- 1/2 cup SR Flour
- 1/2 Cup Dessicated Coconut
- 1/2 cup Caster Sugar
- 50 g melted butter
- 1 small egg (lightly whisked)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- Icing Mixture
- 1 1/2 cup Icing Sugar
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- red food colouring
- Line your slow cooker with baking paper (I used a 7Ltre Breville Slow Cooker)
- Place flour, coconut, sugar together in one bowl and stir.
- Add butter, egg and vanilla together and stir.
- Add this mixture into the dry mixture and stir well.
- Then place the cookie dough into the bottom of your slow cooker, and using a wet hand, flatten the biscuit mixture along the bottom of your slow cooker until it is spread out with about an inch from the sides of your slow cooker.
- Place a teatowel under the lid and cook for 1:45 on high (times may vary depending on sc)
- Remove the baking paper with the biscuit on it, and working quickly, I used a small circle cookie cutter, and cut 14 small circles out of the mixture. Leave biscuits to cool.
- Icing Mixture
- Lightly whisk eggwhite and lemon juice together in a bowl. Gradually add icing sugar, whisking until smooth and combined.
- Once mixed, then add red food colouring (as much or as little) as you choose. I added a small amount and swirled it in with the white mixture until I got a 'swirly colour'
- Decorate your cookies as you desire
- (You can also use marshmallows, m&m's, smarties, gummy worms, caramel, whipped cream, raspberry jam for decorations as well)
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!