Submitted by Karen Stuckings
- 400 grams raw beetroot
- ½ teaspoon ground rock salt
- 2 Tablespoons water
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup honey (this can be up to 1 cup if prefer sweeter)
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla essence
- 2/3 cup drinking chocolate (cocoa can be use instead)
- Icecream or cream to serve
- Peel and chop beetroot into 2 cm cubes.
- Place beetroot, salt and water into microwave safe bowl with lid and cook until tender. This took about 10 minutes in my microwave. Set to one side to cool a little.
- In bowl beat rest of ingredients together.
- Take beetroot, including liquid and place in food processor, blend until smooth.
- Add beetroot to egg mixture and mix well.
- Place mixture into lined slow cooker and cook on high with tea towel under lid until skewer comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for 15 minutes on cake rack before slicing.
- This mixture is very running before cooking.
- Cooked in 3L Lumina
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!