Submitted by Kelly Hicks
- 4 sheets of puff pastry
- 700g steak (I used gravy beef)
- 4 rashers of shortcut bacon
- 150g philly cheese
- 2 handfuls of spinach
- Onion flakes
- Sweet chilli sauce
- 1 egg white
- Layer 4 sheets of puff pastry on top of cling wrap and paste together with egg white. If your steak is thick slice it in half (mine was about 1.5-2cm thick) and layer it in the middle of your pastry leaving about 2 inches at each end to be able to fold down to keep filling in. Next lay your bacon on top followed by your philly cheese in an even layer across, I used 6 small blobs of garlic butter and topped with spinach. Now sprinkle some onion flakes and chives and drizzle sweet chilli sauce across your filling.
- To fold the pastry I folded the top and bottom in and then folded the left side in then used the cling wrap to help roll it from left to right and seal with egg white. I sat mine in the fridge for 60 minutes wrapped up only because it was too early to start cooking.
- I sat it on top of foil balls in a foil tin lined with baking paper to keep it out of the liquid and to keep from sticking to the sc. it also helped to be able to easily remove it from the slow cooker to oven tray.
- Cook for 5hrs on low
- Next I placed it in the oven for 15mins on 180c
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think