Submitted by Monika McCann
- 500g beef, diced
- 1 bacon rasher, diced
- 2 tbsp flour
- Salt, pepper
- 3-4 carrots, in rings
- 1-2 tbsp sugar
- 1 large onion, cut in rings
- 1 red capsicum, diced
- 3-4 stalks of celery, sliced
- 1 tin tomatoes (once refilled with boiling water + 2 tsp stock powder/cubes)
- 1 bay leave
- 1 tin kidney beans
- Parsley, chopped
- Put flour, salt and pepper in a plastic bag, shake, put beef into bag and shake until coated.
- Pan fry bacon in oil, add beef til lightly browned, move to slow cooker and add beans.
- Fry onions in bacon oil, brown slightly, add remaining vegetables and simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, sugar and stock. Season to taste with salt and pepper, add parsley.
- Transfer to slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 3-4 hours, then 1 hour on high. Serve over rice.
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think