Submitted by Emma
Beef, Cashew and Broccoli ‘Stir-fry’
- 700g chuck steak, sliced into thin strips
- 2 carrots, cut into chunks
- 1 cup beef stock
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup soy sauce (low sodium, or less if using normal soy)
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tbs sesame oil
- 1 cup cashews
- 1 broccoli, cut into florets
- 2 tbs cornflour
- Rice or mash, to serve
- Add stock, garlic, soy sauce, brown sugar and sesame oil to slow cooker. Whisk to combine.
- Add beef strips and carrot to sauce mixture and stir to combine.
- Cook on low for 6hrs
- At the 5 hour mark, add broccoli. Mix cornflour with some water to form a paste and add to mix, stirring to combine.
- Cook for a further hour. Serve over rice or mash.
- **Note - You could use any vegetables that you wanted. I normally throw in whatever is in my fridge i.e. Snow peas, capsicum**
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!