Submitted by Marie Kelly
Beef and vegetables Curry
- Dry ingredients (in the ground version) - of course if you have them fresh it is even better
- 1 teaspoon of each
- garam masala
- (1/2 teaspoon chili if you are keen)
- 1/2 Onion diced
- Curry leaves (about 6 leaves)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon grated ginger
- 400-500 gms Beef (chuck or casserole)
- Potatoes - diced - 4 medium or 3 large (can be precooked or can be put in raw)
- 1 cup of frozen vegetables
- 1 tomato diced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Mix all spices with a bit of water or milk to form a paste. heat oil on the stove and add onions, garlic, ginger, thyme, curry leaves and tomatoes. Cook for 1-2 mins, add the spice paste and cook for 3 mins or until it changes colour - the paste will change colour and emit a nice fragrance when the spices are cooked, add the vegetables, beef, 1/2 cup of water and stir to mix add salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer to your slow cooker and cook on low for 6 hours.
- Bon appetit
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!