Beef and Vegetable Casserole
It’s a hearty dish, soupy casserole full of meat, fresh green beans, peas, carrots and potatoes. Served with bread. Autumn, Winter and Spring dish.
- 5.5 Litre slow cooker
- 6 cups water
- 1 kg blade steak or and casserole meat cubed
- 2 peeled and chopped carrots
- 2-3 medium potatoes peeled and chopped
- 0.5-1 kg green beans
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- 1 large onion diced
- Good glug of olive oil
- 1-2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon beef stock powder
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Prepare meat and cube it or cut in large chunks.
- Peel and chop potatoes, carrots and top green beans.
- Peel and dice onion.
- Put oil in hot pan, brown meat well. Remove from pan and set aside. In same pan, add some oil and fry onion till soft and golden. Add tomato paste, stir and fry well 2 minutes. Add a small amount of water, stirring. Add stock powder and stir well.
- Return meat to slow cooker bowl and add chopped potatoes and carrots. Pour sauce to cover to the top of the meat and vegetables. If not enough, add a bit more till covered by the water.
- Stir well, cover and cook on LOW for 6-8 hrs or until meat is tender. 2 hrs before serving, add green beans, stir and continue to cook. 1 hr before serving, add frozen green peas, stir well, cover and cook until the vegetables are cooked. Serve with bread.
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think
1 thought on “Beef and Vegetable Casserole”
best ever kids loved it very easy to make house smelt amazing