Submitted by Jess Williams
Beef and Ale Stew
- Beef (diced)- 450g (1lb)
- 1 onion diced
- 175g carrots
- 250ml brown ale
- 50ml water
- 2 tbsp. tomato puree
- 1 packet of Schwartz slow cooker beef and ale mix
- -Pre heat your slow cooker whilst you are preparing your veg and meat if you need to dice by hand.
- -Chop up your carrots and onion. (I added mushrooms too)
- -Add all the ingredients into the slow cooker.
- -Mix in the water, brown ale and tomato puree into a jug and blend together. (I also added a bit more ale)
- -Pour over the meat and veg.
- -Put the lid on and away you go. I gave it a bit of a stir half way through.
- Cook on high for up to 4 hours or on low for up to 8 hours.
- Serve with whatever you like. I made some roast potatoes but did them in the oven.
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think