Bacon and eggs with a side of baked beans, all from a cup? That’s my idea of a dream breakfast! So easy, so delicious, so YUM!
Submitted by Paulene Christie
Beans and Bacon Breakfast Mugs with Eggs
Bacon and eggs with a side of baked beans, all from a cup? That's my idea of a dream breakfast! So easy, so delicious, so YUM!
- 3 regular coffee mugs to cook in
- 1 x 550g can of your favourite baked beans (I like Heinz BBQ)
- 100g diced bacon raw, or browned if you prefer that but I use raw
- Cracked black pepper
- Garlic powder
- 3/4 cup grated tasty cheese
- 3 eggs
- 3 tsp chives, finely chopped
- This recipe is for 3 cups, but you can increase or decrease ingredients to suit however many mugs you wish to cook
- Line bottom of slow cooker with baking paper or paper towel, just to protect surface from the mugs scratching it.
- Divide baked beans into 3 mugs, divide bacon between mugs also.
- Add cracked black pepper to taste and a sprinkle of garlic powder to each mug.
- Mix contents of each mug to combine, then place mugs into slow cooker
- Add 2 cups of warm tap water into the bowl to surround the mugs (it doesn’t not have to reach any certain height on cups)
- Cook on HIGH for 45mins with tea towel trick in place
- Check that the contents of each mug is nicely warmed to your liking
- Add ¼ cup of grated cheese to each mug, crack 1 egg onto cheese then sprinkle with chives
- Continue to cook on HIGH, still with tea towel in place, for approx. 30 minutes or until eggs are cooked to your liking.
- Enjoy breakfast straight from the mug, with toast soldiers on the side 🙂
- This recipe can also be found on page241 of the Family Favourites book
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!