Submitted by Shelleyrae
BBQ Shredded Beef
- 2 Blade steak roasts
- 2 large onions, thickly sliced
- 1 400 - 500ml bottle of good quality flavoured BBQ Sauce to suit (I used Hickory and Brown Sugar BBQ Sauce)
- 1 375ml can of Coke (not diet)
- 1 - 2 tbsps minced garlic (optional)
- Trim visible fat from roasts.
- Spray cooker with cooking spray.
- Cover slow cooker base with sliced onion rings
- Place roasts in slow cooker.
- * Optional- smear roasts with minced garlic.
- Pour Cola and sauce over beef.
- Cook on low for 8-10 hours, turning meat at least once.
- When beef is tender, remove from slow cooker and shred with forks. If it is ready it should shred without much effort.
- Skim any fat from the sauce in the crockpot, and stir well. ( If required remove up to a cup of the liquid, but kept it in reserve in case it is needed)
- Return shredded beef to cooker, and stir to coat.
- Cook on low for 1 hour, stirring after a half hour.
- Switch to 'keep warm' setting until ready to serve. (Maximum of 4 hours)
- Season to taste and serve on rolls with coleslaw or salad fixings.
- *Leftovers can be frozen.
- This recipe is suitable for a 6.5 litre slow cooker
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!