Submitted by Wendy McGinnes
BBQ Honey Bourbon Pulled Pork
- Large pork shoulder
- 500ml smoky BBQ sauce
- 60+ ml bourbon
- 60+ ml honey
- Bush seasoning
- Rub pork shoulder in bush seasoning and place in slow cooker.
- Mix smoky BBQ sauce with honey and bourbon to taste.
- Pour sauce mix over pork and cook on LOW for 8-9 hours
- Remove pork and shred.
- Remove excess sauce, leaving a bit in there to mix.
- Retain some sauce in case more is needed later.
- Return pork to residual sauce and stir through.
- Cook on HIGH and reduce for another 30-60 minutes until perfect meat/sauce ratio is met
- Serve with baked potato and homemade coleslaw.
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think