Submitted by Netty’s Girl
Barbecue Pork Spare Ribs
- 500grams of pork spare ribs
- 1 x bottle of your favourite shop bought sauce or home made using Ketchup, Worcestershire Sauce, Olive Oil and brown or Demerara Sugar
- 2x tsps of pork or beef gravy granules or 2x stock cubes of either one
- 1x tsp black peppercorns
- 1x tsp Coriander seeds
- Dry chillies if required
- Buy ribs on a rack if possible and cut into pieces of 4 or 5 ribs (I marinade in the fridge for 24 hours though probably not essential)
- Place all the ingredients into the Slow Cooker (holding some Bbq sauce back for basting later) cover with water and cook on low for 4-6 hours
- Heat oven, grill or bbq and remove ribs from the slow cooker patting gently dry
- Cover ribs with the remaining sauce and cook for a further 15/20 minutes on your method of choice just to crisp them up a bit.
- I originally cooked the ribs in the slow cooker for 8 hours on low but they literally fell apart when removing them . You may want to 'tweak' the cooking time to reflect your own tastes
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!