Submitted by Robyn Clark
Banana Raisin Ring Cake
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 large bananas
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 3/4 teaspoon bicarb soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups SR. Flour
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time and continue beating .
- Add in the mashed bananas .
- Dissolve the bicarb in the milk and add the vanilla as well.
- Add to the mixture alternately with the flour.
- Fold in the raisins.
- Place in a cake tin or line your slow cooker with baking paper and place directly in. A 3 litre cooker is perfect size.
- Cook on high for 2 hours approx, depending on how hot your cooker cooks. Tea towel under the lid.
- Check with a skewer if it comes out clean from the centre it's done.
- If you notice the outside browning too quick before the middle is cooked then turn to low and continue until done.
- When cold ice with lemon icing and sprinkle with cinnamon.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!