Submitted by Wayne Frosch
Banana, Raisin and Cinnamon Loaf
- 3 medium sized Bananas (mashed)
- 1/3 cup Milk
- 1/3 – 1 cup Sugar (depending on taste)
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tablespoon Grounded Cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons Soft Butter or Margarine
- 2 cups Self Rising Flour
- 1 ½ - 2 cups Raisins
- Mix all ingredients (except raisins) well. I preferred to use an electric hand mixer for better consistency.
- Once blended add your raisins and use a spoon to fold them into the batch.
- For this part you can either use baking paper or a silicone baking tray. I personally prefer the tray to avoid any sticking of the loaf to the paper. If using the silicone tray coat the inside with either oil or flour to avoid possible sticking and easy removal.
- Put in the mix leaving at least 1 cm from the top. Since this is self rising flour youll see why.
- In your slow cooker add at least 2 cups of hot water.
- Insert your tray; place a tea towel on top then cover.
- Place on high for 2-3 hours. This will depend on your slow cooker. The best way to check is insert a knife at the 2 hour mark. If it comes out clean then it should be ready.
- Once done, remove and enjoy with either butter or your favorite jam or jelly.
- Slow Cooker Cakes FAQ
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think