Submitted by Felicity Ramplin
Banana Honey Cake
- 2 cups of self raising flour (I used whole meal)
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1/4 cup raw sugar (I used stevia)
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup of mashed banana (I used 2 ripe bananas)
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup extra light olive oil
- 2 eggs whisked
- 1/3 honey yoghurt (I used the honey Greek yogurt)
- 1/4 cup of coconut for toasting.
- Sift flour, baking powder and cinnamon in a bowl. Stir in sugar and coconut and make a well.
- In a jug, whisk banana, honey, oil, yoghurt and eggs and put into well.
- Mix until just combined and pour into slow cooker.
- I made this in my 3L and it cooked on high just over two hours with a tea towel under the lid.
- When finished transfer to cooling rack. Toast the coconut in a small frypan and heat 1/4 cup of honey in microwave for about 15 seconds or until runny. I used a pastry brush to brush on honey then sprinkle coconut
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think