Submitted by Narelle Youngs
Banana Date Loaf
- 3 ounces/90 grams cinnamon butter or butter with 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup chopped dates
- 3 medium sized ripe bananas
- 2 1/2 cups wholemeal self raising flour
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- Beat butter and sugars together until light and creamy.
- Add orange rind, then eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Stir in dates and mashed bananas, mix well.
- Fold in sifted flour alternately with orange juice.
- Pour batter into a greased loaf tin.
- Place on egg rings in the slow cooker with 1 cup of water in the bottom.
- Cook on high for 2-3 hours with teatowel under the lid until a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Serve warm with butter or lemon butter or cold with a lemon icing.
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think