Submitted by Linda Alexander
Banana and Date Chutney
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 kg pitted dates chopped
- 2 kg bananas chopped
- 1 litre of brown vinager
- A generous tablespoon of fresh ginger chopped
- 1/2 cup of lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons of curry powder
- Place everything in a 6.5 litre sc
- Cook on high for three hours stirring occasionally.
- Then cook on low for three hours stirring occasionally.
- Cook with lid on the whole time. Bottle in sterilised jars while still hot.
- Makes about 6 medium sized jars.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!