Submitted by Zara Charles
- 3 or 4 cans of cannellini beans
- 1 jar of pureed tomatoes (pasata)
- 8 rashers of bacon finely chopped
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- Golden syrup
- Smoked paprika
- Pop the onion and bacon in the slow cooker on high with a bit of oil and cook until ready (onion translucent and bacon almost cooked).
- Put in the tomato puree, the beans (thoroughly washed and drained), a tablespoon of golden syrup and a few dashes of smoked paprika (as much or as little as your taste desires).
- Cook on low for a couple of hours.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!