Submitted by Lisa Beaton
Bacon wrapped mini roast chicken with mushroom, bacon and onion stuffing cooked with spinach and cheese
- 2 large chicken breast, sliced in halves to make 4 pieces
- 4 rashers of bacon
- Handful of spinach
- Cup of cheese
- 2 tsp butter
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- Handful bacon pieces
- 2 mushrooms , finely chopped
- 2 cups breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 2 tsp sage
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Dash of water if needed
- Melt butter on stove, then add in the chopped onion ,bacon pieces and mushrooms to brown.
- In a large bowl combine the breadcrumbs, egg and chicken stock , followed by the butter, onion, bacon pieces and mushrooms and the rest of the dry ingredients, mix well until combined. If not wet enough add a dash of water. Once all combined separate and roll into 4 logs to fit onto the chicken.
- Slice the chicken breasts in halves to get 4 pieces, place the stuffing log in the middle then roll tightly with a rasher of bacon and hold together with toothpicks.
- Place in slow cooker with 3/4 blobs of butter then cover with spinach.
- cook on low 5/6 hours depending on your slow cooker.
- Half way through cooking sprinkle half cup cheese over the top and do the same at last 30 minutes remaining with the other 1/2 cup cheese or can sprinkle the last lot of cheese at the end and place under grill or in oven 5/10 minutes to crisp up if preferred.
- Serve with vegetable or garden salad.
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think