Submitted by Jenny Krahe
Bacon, Tomato and Basil Soup (GF)
- 2 tbs oil.
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 2 tsp sweet chilli sauce
- 3 cans of diced tomato's
- 3.5 cups of water (875mL)
- 6 rashers of bacon
- 2 onions, chopped
- Basil (I used dried - but fresh would be divine)
- Combine bacon onion and garlic and fry till browned in a fry pan
- Add bacon onion and garlic mixture to slow cooker and add all ingredients except basil and bring to a high temperature then switch to low.
- Add basil... About 3 tbs (of dried) but to your taste.
- Cook for 6-8hrs Low
- Blitz with a hand mixer and serve with cream and toasted bread.
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think