Submitted by Carol McJannett
Bacon & Onion Wrapped Rissoles
- 500g mince
- 2 Large onions
- 1/4 cup parsley
- 1/4 cup diced mushrooms
- 1/4 cup onions diced
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon spicy ketchup ( I used Sweet chilli sauce)
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup capsicum diced
- 1 bottle BBQ sauce
- Peel onions and cut in half, peel layers apart, keeping the biggest layers to stuff with the meat.
- Mix mince,brown sugar,onion, parsley, capsicum, mushrooms condiments ( except BBQ sauce) and bread crumbs together.
- Place rissole mixture inside two layers of onion and wrap with two slices of bacon secure with toothpicks.
- I used my Breville flavour maker on low for 3 hrs, than took them out and covered each one in BBQ sauce and transferred to oven at 200d for 3/4 hr (my oven is gas)
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!