Submitted by Bianca Pavia
Bacon Cheeseburger Soup
- 500 Grams mince beef
- 1 Can diced tomatoes, drained
- 4 Cups chicken stock
- 1-2 Cups water
- 4 cups potatoes, peeled and cubed (Roughly 4 medium sized)
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded (250 gram block)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup carrot, chopped
- 1 Small green capsicum, seeds removed and diced
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour (Or Cornflower)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 ribs celery, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder (optional)
- 1tbsp Onion Powder (optional)
- 1tbsp Garlic Powder (optional)
- 1tbsp Dried Parsley
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 2 Cups of shredded bacon to serve
- Brown mince beef in a fry pan before putting into the slow cooker to help remove any excess fat or oil. I like to add Onion powder and Garlic powder during this stage. (Optional)
- Place mince beef, tomatoes, potatoes, carrot, capsicum, onion, celery and garlic in your slow cooker and pour chicken stock over the top
- Season with salt and pepper, chili powder (Optional) and dried parsley then stir everything together. Cover slow cooker, turn on HIGH and cook for 3-4 hours, or until vegetables are softened
- If you require more liquid during cooking time, add a cup or so of water to get the consistency you desire
- Once vegetables are soften or have been on for 4 hours, stir flour (or cornflower) into heavy cream until no chunks remain, then pour mixture along with cheddar cheese into slow cooker
- Stir to combine, then cover and cook for another 20-30 minutes. I prefer to leave my lid off during this stage to help this soup thicken up.
- While soup is thickening up, cook bacon in a fry pan until crispy.
- Ladle into soup bowls, top with cheese and crispy bacon and serve hot!
- Served mine with fresh buttered rolls and Parmesan cheese.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!