Submitted by Sam Steele
Asian Inspired Pumpkin and Kumara (sweet potato) Soup
- 1/2 large pumpkin- cut small and fried or roasted
- 2 kumara- cut small and fried or roasted
- 2 small chilli- sliced
- 2 garlic gloves- crushed
- 1 tsp of fresh ginger
- 1 litre chicken stock
- 1 litre water
- 1 tsp ground coriander- can use fresh at end
- Mash pumpkin and kumara and add all ingredients to slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 4-6 hours on low.
- Can be served 3 ways for different flavours.
- 1 - serve with dollop of sour cream and lime juice
- 2 - serve with cream and honey
- 3 - serve with cream, bacon and croutons
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!