Submitted by Jennifer lilley
Apricot chicken my way
- 1 pack fresh apricots and 1 tin apricots in juice
- 3 chicken breasts chopped up
- 2 sweet peppers
- 1 onion
- 1 packet of chicken noodle soup I left the noodles out after adding water
- 2chicken oxo cubes
- Chicken gravy granules
- Slice apricots and peppers and onion and place in slow cooker with the tin of apricots.
- Chop up chicken and add to slow cooker. I then crumbled in the 2 chicken oxo cubes.
- Add water to soup mix, mine said 600 mls but I only used 400 as I had the apricot juice as well
- Give it a stir then pop the lid on and cook on high 2hrs
- I stirred mine about every 1/2 hour and if the sauce still looks thin I added some chicken gravy about the last 1/2 hour to thicken the sauce and enjoy x
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think
2 thoughts on “Apricot chicken my way”
Yummy – added some apricot jam to the mix too. Served with rice and steamed greens.
Apricot jam……. Awesome idea….