Submitted by Robyn Clark
Apple Roses - Slow Cooker Style
- Lemon or orange juice
- Puff pastry sheets
- Cinnamon and sugar
- Slice an apple very finely and place in a bowl with 1 cup of water and some lemon or orange juice.
- Microwave on high about 4 mins. Drain and cool .
- Stretch out a sheet of puff pastry on a floured bench and cut six strips.
- Spread each strip with your favourite jam (I did apricot) sprinkle with some mixed cinnamon and sugar.
- Place the apple slices along the edge of the pastry with the skin side arched outwards.
- Fold the pastry up along the strip so the apple sits inside. Roll up from one end to the other to form the rose .
- Sprinkle with more cinnamon and sugar mixture.
- Line your SC with baking paper and cook on high for 2-3 hours , tea towel under the lid.
- Brown in the oven for a few minutes if you want.
- Lovely with fresh cream or Ice-cream.
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think