Submitted by Felicity Barnett
Apple Delight – Canola, Egg, Gluten, Nut and Soy free
- 1 cup gluten free SR flour (Woolworths Free From)
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tblspn sugar
- 1 large apple, grated
- 1/2 cup milk
- Ground cinnamon
- 1cup soft brown sugar
- 2 tblspns butter
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/4 cup apple juice (Kalangadoo Organic)
- Combine flour and salt, add sugar and apple. Mix with milk to make a scone dough. Put into slow cooker bowl.
- Combine sugar, butter and boiling water in glass jug.
- Stir until sugar has dissolved and butter melted, add juice.
- Pour sauce over dough and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Place tea towel under lid and cook on high for 2-2.5 hrs (1.5L slow cooker)
- Note: Could be Diary free or Lactose free
- Adapted from a recipe in Country Women's Association Classics cookbook.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!