Submitted by Stefanie Meilak
Apple and cinnamon dumplings
- 2 cups self raising flour
- 125g butter at room temp
- 1 large Apple, peeled cored and finely diced
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 3 cups of water
- 200g butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup golden syrup or honey
- Sift flour and cinnamon into a bowl
- Add butter and rub together until it looks like breadcrumbs
- Add apple and mix through
- In a jug combine milk egg and vanilla
- Combine with dry ingredients and mix well with fork or spoon until a fairly soft and sticky dough forms
- Set aside while you make the syrup
- Combine syrup ingredients in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Pour into SC
- With 2 spoons form batter into rough balls and drop into syrup
- Once all dough is dropped into the syrup, cook with lid on (no tea towel) for 2 hours on HIGH.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!