Submitted by Robyn Clark
- 1/2 Cup Golden Syrup
- 125 g butter
- 2 Cups SR Flour
- 1/2 cup castor sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut
- 2 eggs ( lightly beaten)
- 1 cup milk
- Combine butter and golden syrup in a saucepan and melt together.
- Combine sifted flour,sugar and coconut in a bowl and add the syrup mixture.
- Gradually beat in the combined milk and eggs.
- Place mixture in a lined SC or use a cake tin raised on egg rings. Tea towel under the lid and cook on high 2 hours. Check after 1 1/2 , cake will be a light golden colour when done.
- Icing...... 1 teaspoon honey, 1 teaspoon vanilla , 60 g , butter , 1 1/2 cups icing sugar, 1 Tablespoon hot water.
- Cream the butter,honey and vanilla and gradually add the icing sugar and hot water. Beat until smooth.
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think
3 thoughts on “Anzac Cake”
Sooooo yuuuummmy, i didnt put coconut in (didnt have any) i substituted the honey for golden syrup in the icing
We made this yesterday. It was a little burnt around the edges, but it was all eaten up in the same day! A+ 🙂
I halved the recipe and made it in my 1.5ltr sc’er for 70 mins (on high) and it was the perfect size for 2 people
Was really lovely and moist and can’t wait to make it again