Submitted by Emma Webster
Anyone 'Can' do bacon and cheese muffins
- 1 x 420 gram can of Creamed corn
- 1 can of self raising flour
- 1 can of grated tasty cheese
- 150 grams of diced bacon
- Quarter of a brown onion diced fine
- Dash of milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1. Turn slow cooker to high to warm up whilst preparing ingredients
- 2. Dice onion and bacon and cook in microwave dish in microwave for 2 minutes
- 3. In a bowl add can of creamed corn, using the can to measure, then stir in the can of flour and the can of cheese.
- 4. Add a dash of milk to help combine
- 5. Stir in the bacon and onion including any liquid in the microwave dish as this adds flavor
- 6. Stir in salt and pepper to taste
- 7. Spray 12 silicone moulds with olive oil or grease with butter and fill each mould
- 8. Line the slow cooker with the moulds, it doesn't matter if the moulds are close together, the mixture doesn't rise or expand very much
- 8. Cook for 2 hours on high with the lid on the slow cooker and tea towel under the lid
- Enjoy warm with a bowl of soup or also great for lunchbox snacks. Muffins will come out quite dense, almost like quiche!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!