Submitted by Larell Adney Strickland
Aloha Chili (Weight Watcher Friendly)
- 1 pound 95% lean ground beef (mince) precooked but not necessary
- 1/2 - 1 cup uncooked diced onion
- 16 ounces canned kidney beans, low sodium, rinsed & drained
- 15 3/4 ounces canned pork & beans
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup Splenda brown sugar blend, packed (regular is ok)
- 1/4 cup distilled white vinegar
- 20 oz. canned pineapple chunks, in its own juices, undrained
- Pre-cook hamburger and onion together, if desired (I did).
- Add to slow cooker and then add balance of ingredients.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 4 hours.
- Flavors combine and you end up with a wonderful sweet, tangy chili. And, it's very filling.
- This can be cooked in a 4-quart sc or doubled for a 6 quart (6L). It does wonderful as a reheated meal.
- Weight Watchers = 1/2 cup is 5 Points Plus (Pro Points) if you use exact ingredients. If you use regular brown sugar it increases servings to 6 PP.
- Conversion to metric here
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!