Submitted by Judy
All in the pot
- 2 rashers bacon chopped
- 2-3 onions chopped
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped or 2 teas minced garlic
- 1 small punnet mushrooms chopped
- 1 tin cream of chicken soup
- 1 tin cream of mushroom soup (optional)
- 1 litre chicken stock
- 4 - 6 chicken thigh fillets cut into 1cm chunks
- 3/4 cup cream
- 1/2 packet pasta of choice (penne is good)
- 1 cup grated tasty cheese
- (Any of these ingredients can be altered or changed to something different. You can also add anything else you have handy. This time I had some small paprika smoked mini sausages so I cut them up too. The paprika added flavour)
- Throw everything in the slow cooker on high except the pasta, cream and cheese.
- About 30 mins before serving add pasta, cheese and cream. Continue to cook with lid off to thicken sauce and stir occasionally. (If necessary pour into a baking dish and put in the oven for 30 mins - will help thicken)
- If you have leftovers just before re cooking add more cream. It will help make a bit more liquid as the pasta soaks everything up. Alternatively leave the pasta out and cook separately.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!