11. Put slow cooker on high
22. Add whole tin (including juice) of pineapple
33. Chop capsicum and mushrooms to desired size
44. Add capsicum and mushroom to slow cooker
55. Cut beef steak into cubes
66. Put beef cubes into a bowl, cover / coat with flour (add salt and pepper to mix as desired)
77. Add coated beef to slow cooker
88. Mix all ingredients (including sugar) in slow cooker.
10To cook quickly, leave on high for 3-4 hours
12Cook over 7 hours on low
14This sauce thickens as it cooks!
16Serve over rice noodles, pasta or mash potato.
18NB: Do not use a tea towel under the lid. This recipe works as the liquid condensation falls from the lid back into the slow cooker, creating a delicious thick sauce.
21Add 4 spoons of marmalade at the beginning to add sweetness
23Replace beef with chicken, pork or tofu
25Add extra veggies to bump up the nutritional value
Submitted by Jess van Netten
Please note that all comments are held in moderation and manually approved. It may be several minutes until you see yours. Please Do Not resubmit your comment during this time.