May 31, 2017
Rich Slow Cooked Beef
8 hrs 15 mins
2kg Beef (blade/topside)
1 large onion, diced
1 celery stalk, diced
1 large carrot, diced
1/2 cup leek, sliced
1 cup cabbage, diced
1/2 cup beans, chopped small
1/4 cup capsicum, diced
4 garlic cloves, chopped
2 cups beef stock
1 tsp of each beef stock, vegetable stock & gourmet powder
1 tbsp tomato paste
3 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
1 tbsp fresh oregano, chopped
3 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
2 tbsp fresh garlic chives, chopped
1 rosemary sprig
1/2 tsp celery salt
1/4 tsp salt & cracked pepper
11. Brown beef on all sides, remove from pot.
22. Add veggies & herbs, cook for 2 min.
33. Add rest of the ingredients & mix well.
44. Add beef back to pot.
55. Cook on low for 6-8 or until meat is just starting to fall apart.
66. Add more salt & pepper if needed.
77. You can pull beef apart or pull/cut chunks off it to serve.
88. Thicken the sauce if you wish before serving.
99. Serve with mash potatoes
1You could add some curry to this for a different flavour.
2Use what veggies you have on hand to make it easier for you.
Submitted by Ange Marie
All fields are required to submit a review.
Notify me of new posts by email.
Please note that all comments are held in moderation and manually approved. It may be several minutes until you see yours. Please Do Not resubmit your comment during this time.