March 19, 2017
Dessert or afternoon tea.
Adapted for the slow cooker...
2 hrs 30 mins
2 hrs 50 mins
250g castor sugar
120g softened butter
1teaspoon vanilla essence
300g self raising flour
1 x 820g can pie apple (I stewed my own fresh - 6 granny smith apples, peeled, cored and diced in 2 table spoons of water and 1/4 to 1/2 cup of castor sugar)
150g frozen raspberries
125g plain flour
75g rolled oats
100g softened butter
80g brown sugar
11. Cream castor sugar and softened butter until pale and fluffy.
22. Add eggs, one at a time and mix until well combined.
33. Add vanilla extract, mix until combined.
44. Sift in self raising flour and mix until just combined.
55. Pour cake batter in to lined slow cooker. Mix will be thick and sticky, spread out evenly.
66. Sprinkle the frozen raspberries and add an even layer of the tinned or stewed apples.
7In a bowl prepare your crumble mixture:
8 - Use fingers to rub the butter, plain flour, sugar, oats together to resemble crumbs.
97. Sprinkle the crumb mixture over the cake.
10Cook in the slow cooker On high for approximately 2 hrs/ Low for 3 hrs or (in my case, low for 2.5 hrs and then switch to high for 30-45 minutes)
11Cook with lid on and a tea towel under the lid to absorb any moisture.
12The Tea Towel Trick
13You can add another frozen fruit - doesn't have to be Raspberries.
Submitted by Jules Berry
All fields are required to submit a review.
Notify me of new posts by email.
Please note that all comments are held in moderation and manually approved. It may be several minutes until you see yours. Please Do Not resubmit your comment during this time.