Healthy Options, Low Carb, Pork
February 5, 2015
4 hrs 20 mins
* 1 Kilo Pork (all fat trimmed off and cut into cubes)
* 1/4 - 1 cup chopped spring onions. Green & white portions (depending on your flavor choice)
* 1/4 cup water
* 1/4 cup organic soya sauce (Kikkoman is good)
* 1 Tablespoon low carb brown sugar (Splenda)
* 2 Teaspoons crushed garlic
* 2 Teaspoons grated fresh or crushed ginger (whichever is handy)
* 1/4 - 1/2 Teaspoon black pepper (more or less, depending on your flavor choice)
1* Put all the ingredients (minus pork) in a bowl and whisk well
2* Put the cubed pork in the slow cooker and add the mixed ingredients. Stir well to coat all the meat
3* Cover the cooker, turn it on and that's it.
5**As this is a low carb recipe serving it on rice would defeat the purpose so I would suggest spooning it out on a bed of steamed veggies such as cauliflower or broccoli.
9** Credit to Gayle McLeod of Low Carb Recipe Ideas **
Submitted by Wayne Frosch
All fields are required to submit a review.
Notify me of new posts by email.
Please note that all comments are held in moderation and manually approved. It may be several minutes until you see yours. Please Do Not resubmit your comment during this time.