May 7, 2018
Lovely served with a herb butter on sough dough or alike
8 hrs 10 mins
40g butter, chopped
2-3 onions, finely chopped
4 garlic cloves, finely chopped OR 2Tbl of minced garlic
ham hocks (about 1.5kg in total)
1 pkt dried green split peas
500g frozen baby green peas
11. Heat butter in a large saucepan over low-medium heat, add onion and garlic and saute until tender.
22. Add the garlic and onion to the slow cooker with the split peas and ham hocks.
33. Add approximately 3L of water to the slow cooker. Ensure some of this is used to gather up any remaining garlic and onion from the pan.
44. Cook for 6-8 hours on low.
55. Just before serving, remove the ham hocks and add the frozen peas. The peas will need about 10min
66. Remove the skin from the hocks and shred the meat.
77. Using a stick blender, blend the whole peas into the soup mix.
88. Serve the soup with the ham on top of the soup.
1Lovely served with a herb butter on sough dough
Submitted by Lisa Webster
March 13, 2019
This particular recipe isn’t mine. It doesn’t appear that they were soaked etc. My own pea and ham soup HERE that I do I don’t soak mine BUT I then cook it on HIGH to be sure it’s cooked
March 8, 2019
So Paulene, you didn’t pre-soak/cook the green split peas? Looks great
All fields are required to submit a review.
Notify me of new posts by email.
Please note that all comments are held in moderation and manually approved. It may be several minutes until you see yours. Please Do Not resubmit your comment during this time.