September 13, 2014
3 hrs 20 mins
1.5kg pumpkin, peeled, seeded, chopped
4 rashers of bacon
1 onion, finely chopped
1 Litre Vegetable Stock
½ cup cream
¼ tsp grated or ground nutmeg
freshly ground black pepper, to taste (optional, I don't use pepper)
sour cream, to serve (also optional)
11. Place pumpkin, onion, bacon & stock in the slow cooker.
2Cook on HIGH for about 2-2.5 hrs (or until pumpkin is soft)
32. Transfer mixture to a blender, in batches, and puree.
43. Return to the SC. Stir in cream, nutmeg and pepper (optional).
54. Cook until heated through.
65. Serve with fresh crusty bread and sour cream.
Submitted by Sarah Rhodes
June 8, 2019
Delicious! The bacon adds a great depth of flavour.
June 24, 2016
Delicious! Didn’t have nutmeg so used 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon and 1/4 teaspoon of ground ginger. Yum!
April 9, 2016
A tasty and delicious pumpkin soup.
A family favourite and is a regular rotation in winter
All fields are required to submit a review.
Notify me of new posts by email.
Please note that all comments are held in moderation and manually approved. It may be several minutes until you see yours. Please Do Not resubmit your comment during this time.