Capsicums stuffed with Lentils, sundried tomatoes and pine nuts
November 20, 2014
- Prep: 30 mins
- Cook: 4 hrs
4 hrs 30 mins
- Yields: 6
11. Cook lentils in boiling water until tender. Otherwise, just use the tinned variety (around 2 tins)
32. In a food processor, place garlic, onion, sundried tomato,Feta, tomatoes, Tomato paste, onions, garlic cloves , pumpkin,Basil,Salt ,Pepper and chop making sure not to over process.
53. Place mix in a bowl. Then add lentils, pine nuts and rice. Mix through. Add a good drizzle of olive and half cup water. You could even add some butter if you prefer that flavour.
74. Line slow cooker with potatoes (just like in picture) and sprinkle with sweet paprika.
95. Cut tops off Capsicums and de rib them. But keep the tops.
116. Stuff the capsicum with the mix and replace the tops. Then layer them on top of the potatoes.
137. Mix french onion soup with 2 cups hot water and cream. Pour over Capsicums.
15I cooked these on high for 4 hours. But if you're more organised (unlike me) you could cook on low for 6-8 hours. You've just got to make sure rice is cooked.
17Silverbeet - easiest ever recipe my
18Mum made all the time when we were kids.
208. I just boiled the silverbeet until just tender (drain) then added a good drizzle olive oil, decent slosh of lemon juice and salt. Mix through. Make sure you don't over cook the silverbeet. Really important!
22I don't think I've forgotten anything. This recipe doesn't need to be exact. That's the beauty of it. You could add some bacon for flavour or even chorizo! You could use carrot or zucchini instead of pumpkin. You choose. I like pumpkin as it sweetens the dish.
24To serve, place on a plate then drizzle the left over sauce on top of Capsicums. Hope you enjoy it as much as we did!
Submitted by Themelina Patsalides
Please note that all comments are held in moderation and manually approved. It may be several minutes until you see yours. Please Do Not resubmit your comment during this time.