March 17, 2015
6 hrs 10 mins
2 tablespoons Cajun seasoning mix
2 teaspoons smoked paprika
2 teaspoons brown sugar
1.5-2kg+ of beef spare ribs or pork ribs
1 cup tomato sauce
1/3 cup barbecue sauce
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1/4 cup bourbon
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
11. Place ribs into slow cooker with dry spices and rub in.
32. Add all wet ingredients and garlic to the slow cooker and give a good mix. Then put on high for an hour then low for 5-6 hours.
53. Transfer ribs to a oven tray and cover with foil or a lid and place in the oven at 150 degrees Celsius for 20 minutes, glazing it with the sauce from the slow cooker half way through.
74. Scoop out sauce from the slow cooker and place into a pan and reduce on high heat till thickened to your liking.
95. Drizzle or drench ribs in reduced sayce and enjoy!
Submitted by Alicia Lowe
August 9, 2017
Hi Helen sorry I missed your question yesterday when you were cooking this. How did it go? 🙂
August 8, 2017
I have this in the slow cooker now and it’s quite spicy even for me who loves spicy food how can I reduce the spiciness please
April 9, 2017
Absolutely amazing! Fall apart and melt in your mouth. Must try!!
May 15, 2016
These are DEVINE!! I make them all the time. I usually don’t cook them in the oven or reduce the sauce and they are still amazing. I do skim the fat off the leftover sauce before spooning it over the ribs when serving.
April 9, 2016
These are amazing, very simple recipe with fantastic results, the only thing I did differently was marinade over night, not sure it will have made any difference to the taste though.
All fields are required to submit a review.
Notify me of new posts by email.
Please note that all comments are held in moderation and manually approved. It may be several minutes until you see yours. Please Do Not resubmit your comment during this time.