PARTY FOOD with your slow cooker!!
We all know how hectic hosting parties can be!
The hostess running around trying to see to everyone’s needs. Days before hand trying to come up with party food ideas and then find the time to prepare them.
There is help at hand … your slow cooker is your party helper!
There are two ways your slow cooker can help:
1. Use it to cook your party food in before the event. Heaps of great party food recipes are slow cooker recipes also.
2. Use it to self serve directly from your slow cooker on party day.
**Slow Cooker Party Food Recipes**
Why not start directly at our SNACKS RECIPES category and LUNCHBOX category as both have great party food options!
These categories are packed with great recipe ideas for your next party 🙂
There are too many to list them all but here is a sample of just a few great party food ideas you’ll find there. Click on each image for full recipe >>
So many other great options to be found in our recipe archives of course but that’s just a sample of what you can cook in your slow cookers pre party 🙂
**Self Serve On The Day Slow Cooker Party Food**
The photo above was one of my food tables at a recent party I held.
So easy for guest to serve themselves hot food right from the cookers.
Here are some great recipe ideas to use in self serve cookers:
Another easy idea is serving hot mini Frankfurt sausages direct from your cooker too. Just add them to the cooker and cover with boiling water then leave on low or warm for party serving.
Some important safety reminders for this:
– Place hot cookers to the back of food tables so little fingers can’t accidently touch them.
– Ensure power leads are out of the way and guests can’t trip on them.
– As guests arrive, especially those with little ones, show them this table and let them know that the cookers are hot so they can be aware of keeping their little one’s fingers away.
– Keep an eye on the cookers occasionally and turn off as soon as they are empty of food.
Other tips for this method of party food:
– Borrow extra cookers from your friends if you need to.
– Label each cooker with a little card etc in front so guests know what’s in each one.
– Provide serving plates/cups and cutlery and napkins so everything is on hand to serve.
– Make sure all the dishes are ready to eat from the first guests arrival so ensure no one eats anything not cooked fully.
– Alternatively have some cookers inside cooking dishes to add later then bring them to the table only when ready to eat.
– Tell all of your guests about the great website www.slowcookercentral.com where they can get all their recipes *wink* haha
– Sit back and enjoy your party knowing that both hot food and party food is all taken care of!
Happy Party Everyone!!!