Breville 7L ‘The Flavour Maker’
In my line of work I see and use a lot of different slow cooker machines but I can honestly say this has taken the position of my all time favourite one now 🙂
Let me tell you why ….
I never used to be someone who pre-browned or seared my meat before slow cooking. Why waste the time and extra dishes was my motto!
And then I was introduced to searing slow cookers like this one. No extra dishes!
The inner slow cooking pot just lifts out and sits directly on your hotplate/stove. So not only do you save dishes but you also keep all those flavour packed little browned bits of taste right there in your slow cooker to continue to add flavour as your meal cooks.
THEN … it gets better ….
After you slow cook your meal you can then pop the inner slow cooker dish of this unit directly into the oven or under the grill for browning! Right in the same pan still.
I love this 🙂
*Win – Win – Win*
I also love the large capacity bowl that’s bigger than most and the flat rectangular shape works great for slices, quiches etc with a large surface area.
– Extra large 7L capacity for family sized meals
– Removable easy sear pan. Designed for searing on the stovetop, slow cooking and roasting in the oven. Xylan premium non stick for easy clean.
– Domed stainless steel lid for use in the oven (though Breville notes it may discolour from doing so)
– Pan and lid can be washed in dishwasher but for maximum benefit of the non stick surface hand washing is ideal
– Silicone handle covers for heat protection
– Wrap around element ensures an even temperature throughout the cooking process.
– Premium brushed stainless steel design
– Control dial with Auto setting for ease and simplicity
– Stainless steel rack included for roasting
– Removable cord for serving at the table and easy storage (how good is that for an idea!)
– Searing inner can be used on burner, hotplate, gas, electric or ceramic stovetops
– Auto setting is 2hrs on high then it automatically shifts to cooking on low
– While silicone handles are heat resistant to 250 degrees C, it is not recommended to use for extended periods above 200 degrees.
Literally the only little thing I didn’t like so much was the stainless steel lid prevented me looking at my food during the cooking process without having to lift the lid but then I found this message from Breville regarding this: This model currently comes with a stainless lid. However we are developing a glass lid for it and this will be available this year. Contact Breville Customer Service on 1300 139 798 and check if its available as a spare part to purchase.
– RRP of this unit is $199.95
If I had to have just one slow cooker for my family – this is the one I would choose 🙂